Event date: May 27, 2018
Registrations Open: Now
Fundraising Open: Now
Event ProfileThe 7 Rocky River Run on Sunday, 27 May 2018 raises funds to address youth mental health issues and the prevention of youth suicide, which has been a significant issue in Rockhampton for several years. The event has become a great tourist attraction for Rockhampton and is a major contributor to funding local community groups and celebrates its eleventh successful year in 2018. Rockhampton’s favourite charity event once again promises to be a fun day out, all in the name of a good cause!
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.