Event date: Sunday 2 September, 2018 Registrations Open: Soon Fundraising Open: Now
The Canberra Times Fun Run, presented by Westpac is set to hit the nation’s capital on Father’s Day on Sunday, 2 September 2018, with a 14km, 10km and 5km fun run & walk and an elite 5km wheelchair event. Now in its 43rd year, the fun run continues to bring people together to celebrate fitness, while aiming to raise funds for a wide variety of charities. All distances offer unrivaled views of both the Parliamentary Triangle and Lake Burley Griffin.
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one-off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.