Event date: Sunday May 19, 2019 Registrations Open: Now Fundraising Open: Now
Event ProfileNow in its 10th year, the HBF Run for a Reason is Western Australia’s most well-loved event. Over a decade, participants and supporters have raised over $9 Million for more than 190 charities! And the 2019 event is going to be extra special with the goal to smash $10 Million raised in 10 years.
Event course distances include a 4km, 12km, and 21km half marathon which can be run or walked.
This event is a multi-charity event focused on raising funds for our health-affiliated charities who have authority to fundraise in WA.
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
We have email templates to help you ask your supporters to compete.TOP TIP: If you are a non-featured charity we recommend acquiring fundraisers before they have registered for the event to ensure that they choose your charity to fundraise for. To help activate your supporters you can request a unique start fundraising charity url from our Customer Success Team which preselects your charity for your supporters. You can then send this out to your supporter database via email. Just ensure you remind them to register for the actual event!
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
ReportingDon’t forget to use your data to grow your fundraising results in 2019!
Fundraiser and Donor Reports can be found under the Reports Tab when you are logged in to your Charity Profile.
- If you are short on time, download your Fundraiser Report and identify those who have set their fundraising goal higher than the default. Reach out to these potential star fundraisers and ask how you can assist them with their fundraising efforts.
- To help with fundraiser acquisition make sure you email your past fundraisers as well as their peer donors who have opted-in to hearing more from your organisation. This data can be found in your Donor Report.
- Don’t forget to thank all your fundraisers post-event. This small but significant gesture will help cultivate stronger relationships and brand loyalty.
Everydayhero Fundraiser Communications
All HBF Run for a Reason fundraisers will receive the following communications journey which has been designed to boost activation and fundraising outcomes. The content is focussed on fundraiser coaching, updates, and event information and is sent by us on behalf of the event organiser.
In order to give your fundraisers, the best possible event experience, we recommend keeping the following journey in mind when contacting your fundraisers.
Fundraisers will receive 3 emails in the first 7 days after their fundraising page has been created prompting them to customise and engage with their page. Our research shows that fundraisers who are engaged with their page and share it regularly raise significantly more funds overall.
Event Lead In & Post Event
In the lead up to the event, fundraisers will receive email and SMS communications updating them on their fundraising progress along with helpful tips and advice on how to raise more for your cause. Please keep the below send dates in mind when planning your communications schedule:
Fundraisers will receive the following recognition emails when they reach a certain percentage of their fundraising goal. These emails are designed to acknowledge and thank fundraisers for their hard work so they are incentivised to continue their fundraising efforts.
25% of fundraising goal, 50% of fundraising goal, 75% of fundraising goal, 100% of fundraising goal.
Charity Branded Communications
If you would like to include your brand in the above communications program you also have the option to purchase a Charity Branded Communications program for the event.
We still encourage you to follow our Major Community Event Fundraising guide below to make the most of this great fundraising opportunity. By communicating directly with your supporters, you are better able to develop your supporter relations and improve retention rates for future fundraising events.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Official HBF Run for a Reason 2019 Promotional Toolkit. These assets are approved by HBF Run for a Reason and should be the only assets used to promote the event.
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.