Event Date: November 18th, 2018
Registrations Open: Closed
Fundraising Open: Closed
Event ProfileThe Knight Frank Point to Pinnacle is a 21.4km run or walk from Hobart’s Iconic Wrest Point Casino to the Pinnacle of the city’s majestic Mount Wellington. The course includes 1270m of climbing and provides an achievable challenge for all levels of athletes from elite runners to recreational joggers and walkers. Also, returning this year is the Hazell Bros 10km course which takes participants along part of the spectacular Point to Pinnacle course before finishing at the historic Fern Tree Tavern.
The Point to Pinnacle encourages people to embrace an active and healthy lifestyle while providing a true challenge of the spirit.
This year is the 24th edition of the event and will see 3000 people taking on the mountain, 500 racing to the Pub, and hopefully more record fundraising totals!
How to set up a supporter page in the Knight Frank Point to Pinnacle
- Visit the Knight Frank Point to Pinnacle event home page (Entries open August 1st) and complete your registration.
- Finalise your registration and payment.
- Once you receive your registration confirmation email, click on the fundraising link provided in that email and follow the prompts to set up your very own personalised fundraising page.
- START FUNDRAISING – send a message out to your network asking for donations or come up with your own fundraising initiatives. Remember every little bit helps!
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.