Event Date: Sunday, 14th October 2018
Registrations Open: Now
Fundraising Open: Now
Event ProfileOn Sunday, 14th of October, 2018, your supporters can take part in Melbourne’s premier running festival and help to make a difference by fundraising for your cause as part of their participation in the event. Whether it is completing the 3km walk with friends and family, taking on their first full 42.2km Marathon, or just aiming for a new personal best time, there is an event for everyone! Don’t miss out on this amazing fundraising opportunity. Start recruiting supporters today!
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
We have email templates to help you ask your supporters to compete.
TOP TIP: If you are a non-featured charity we recommend acquiring fundraisers before they have registered for the event to ensure that they choose your charity to fundraise for. To help activate your supporters you can request a unique start fundraising charity url from our Customer Success Team which preselects your charity for your supporters. You can then send this out to your supporter database via email. Just ensure you remind them to register for the actual event!
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Melbourne Marathon Toolkit. Please ensure you and your team follow the brand guidelines contained within the toolkit.
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.