Event date: Saturday 4 May, 2019
Registrations Open: Now
Fundraising Open: Now
Event ProfileTake on the lake in 2019 at the iconic Rotorua Marathon! The race is a 42.2km journey around Lake Rotorua, enjoying some of New Zealand’s best scenery and starting and finishing at the stunning Government Gardens. Half Marathon, 10.5km and 5.5km races are all part of the event, meaning there is a distance for everyone. The Rotorua Marathon is a home-grown, beautiful, challenging yet achievable run and the perfect event for your supporters to participate in! Visit the event website above for more information.
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one-off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
ReportingDon’t forget to use your data to grow your fundraising results in 2019!
Fundraiser and Donor Reports can be found under the Reports Tab when you are logged in to your Charity Profile.
- If you are short on time, download your Fundraiser Report and identify those who have set their fundraising goal higher than the default. Reach out to these potential star fundraisers and ask how you can assist them with their fundraising efforts.
- To help with fundraiser acquisition make sure you email your past fundraisers as well as their peer donors who have opted-in to hearing more from your organisation. This data can be found in your Donor Report.
- Don’t forget to thank all your fundraisers post-event. This small but significant gesture will help cultivate stronger relationships and brand loyalty.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.
Supporter EngagementEverydayhero recommends that you engage with your supporters by encouraging and thanking them for fundraising for your charity as part of their participation in the Rotorua Marathon. To learn more about the services Everydayhero offers to help you acquire, activate fundraisers and convert past donors get in touch with us online.