Event date: Saturday 4 May, 2019
Registrations Open: Now
Fundraising Open: Now
Event ProfileTake on the lake in 2019 at the iconic Rotorua Marathon! The race is a 42.2km journey around Lake Rotorua, enjoying some of New Zealand’s best scenery and starting and finishing at the stunning Government Gardens. Half Marathon, 10.5km and 5.5km races are all part of the event, meaning there is a distance for everyone. The Rotorua Marathon is a home-grown, beautiful, challenging yet achievable run and the perfect event for your supporters to participate in! Visit the event website above for more information.
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one-off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.