Event date: February 23, 2019
Registrations Open: Soon
Fundraising Open: Now
Highly regarded worldwide and one of Western Australia’s iconic events, the Rottnest Channel Swim is a 19.7km open water swim from Cottesloe Beach to Rottnest Island. Your supporters will have the option of competing as a solo, duo or team swimmer and will be surrounded by a support network of paddlers, boat skippers and crew throughout the swim. The event, managed by the Rottnest Channel Swim Association, is held in February of each year and is Rottnest Island’s biggest day.
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.