Event date: Sunday 17 November, 2019
Event ProfileGrab your sneakers, rally your mates and book a spot in Lugton’s Round the Bridges, Hamilton’s most iconic fun run! Join more than 5,500 runners and walkers and take part in Lugton’s Round the Bridges on Sunday 17 November 2019. One of New Zealand’s oldest and most beloved annually contested events, Lugton’s Round the Bridges attracts participants of all ages and abilities and offers a memorable day out for the entire family.
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
ReportingDon’t forget to use your data to grow your fundraising results in 2019!
Fundraiser and Donor Reports can be found under the Reports Tab when you are logged in to your Charity Profile.
- If you are short on time, download your Fundraiser Report and identify those who have set their fundraising goal higher than the default. Reach out to these potential star fundraisers and ask how you can assist them with their fundraising efforts.
- To help with fundraiser acquisition make sure you email your past fundraisers as well as their peer donors who have opted-in to hearing more from your organisation. This data can be found in your Donor Report.
- Don’t forget to thank all your fundraisers post-event. This small but significant gesture will help cultivate stronger relationships and brand loyalty.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.
Supporter EngagementWe recommend that you engage with your supporters by encouraging and thanking them for fundraising for your charity as part of their participation in Lugton’s Round the Bridges. If you need help with your supporter engagement we have a dedicated Professional Services Team full of digital fundraising experts ready to help!