Event date: March 30, 2019
Registrations Open: Open
Fundraising Open: Open
Event ProfileJust an hours’ drive from Melbourne, Hanging Rock at Woodend is the perfect scenic and challenging off-road running adventure for runners of all ages and abilities on Saturday, 30 March 2019. The course features varied terrain, from a grassed race track, to country sealed and gravel roads. From the start line, the 13.5km and 22km events head towards Straws Lane on a gravel trail then complete a section on country roads and trails before re-entering the Hanging Rock reserve to run around the base of Hanging Rock on a cross-country trail, entering the race course to head to the finish line. The 5km event starts in the Eastern Paddocks and heads out onto Straws Lane running along sealed country roads before completing a lap around the base of Hanging Rock on a cross-country trail and finishing back on the race track.
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
ReportingDon’t forget to use your data to grow your fundraising results in 2019!
Fundraiser and Donor Reports can be found under the Reports Tab when you are logged in to your Charity Profile.
- If you are short on time, download your Fundraiser Report and identify those who have set their fundraising goal higher than the default. Reach out to these potential star fundraisers and ask how you can assist them with their fundraising efforts.
- To help with fundraiser acquisition make sure you email your past fundraisers as well as their peer donors who have opted-in to hearing more from your organisation. This data can be found in your Donor Report.
- Don’t forget to thank all your fundraisers post-event. This small but significant gesture will help cultivate stronger relationships and brand loyalty.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.
Supporter engagementWe recommend that you engage with your supporters by encouraging and thanking them for fundraising for your charity as part of their participation in the Run the Rock 2019. If you need help with your supporter engagement we have a dedicated Professional Services Team full of digital fundraising experts ready to help!