Event date: Sunday 26 November, 2017
Registrations Open: Now
Fundraising Open: Now
Event ProfileNot your average fun run! The ASB Summer Starter is a 10km fun run or walk from New Brighton Pier to Redcliff’s Park in Christchurch. Taking place on Sunday, 26th November Cantabrians and visitors to the region will be able to walk, run, skip, or roll the 10km course and fundraise for your cause. There is also a shorter 4km course. Aimed to bring Canterbury back together, the ASB Summer Starter actively promotes fundraising and is a wonderful event for your supporters to be a part of. For more details check out the event website above.
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.