Event date: September 16, 2018
Registrations Open: Now
Fundraising Open: Now
Event ProfileSince beginning in 1973, the Sunday Mail City-Bay Fun Run presented by Westpac is the largest fun run in Australia per capita. In 2013 a record 40,512 participants ran, walk and wheeled their way from the Adelaide City to Glenelg and raised almost half a million dollars for over 200 charities in the process!
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
We have email templates to help you ask your supporters to compete.
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.