Event date: September 15, 2019
Registrations Open: Now
Fundraising Open: Now
Event ProfileSince beginning in 1973, the Westpac City-Bay Fun Run presented by Sunday Mail is the largest fun run in Australia per capita. In 2013 a record 40,512 participants ran, walk and wheeled their way from the Adelaide City to Glenelg and raised almost half a million dollars for over 200 charities in the process!
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
We have email templates to help you ask your supporters to compete.
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
ReportingDon’t forget to use your data to grow your fundraising results in 2019!
Fundraiser and Donor Reports can be found under the Reports Tab when you are logged in to your Charity Profile.
- If you are short on time, download your Fundraiser Report and identify those who have set their fundraising goal higher than the default. Reach out to these potential star fundraisers and ask how you can assist them with their fundraising efforts.
- To help with fundraiser acquisition make sure you email your past fundraisers as well as their peer donors who have opted-in to hearing more from your organisation. This data can be found in your Donor Report.
- Don’t forget to thank all your fundraisers post-event. This small but significant gesture will help cultivate stronger relationships and brand loyalty.
Everydayhero Fundraiser Communications
All fundraisers will receive the following communications journey which has been designed to boost activation and fundraising outcomes. The content is focussed on fundraiser coaching, updates, and event information and is sent by us on behalf of the event organiser.
In order to give your fundraisers, the best possible event experience, we recommend keeping the following journey in mind when contacting your fundraisers.
Fundraisers will receive 3 emails in the first 7 days after their fundraising page has been created prompting them to customise and engage with their page. Our research shows that fundraisers who are engaged with their page and share it regularly raise significantly more funds overall.
Event Lead In & Post Event
In the lead up to the event, fundraisers will receive email and SMS communications updating them on their fundraising progress along with helpful tips and advice on how to raise more for your cause. Please keep the below send dates in mind when planning your communications schedule:
Fundraisers will receive the following recognition emails when they reach a certain percentage of their fundraising goal. These emails are designed to acknowledge and thank fundraisers for their hard work so they are incentivised to continue their fundraising efforts.
25% of fundraising goal, 50% of fundraising goal, 75% of fundraising goal, 100% of fundraising goal.
Charity Branded Communications
If you would like to include your brand in the above communications program you also have the option to purchase a Charity Branded Communications program for the event.
We still encourage you to follow our Major Community Event Fundraising guide below to make the most of this great fundraising opportunity. By communicating directly with your supporters, you are better able to develop your supporter relations and improve retention rates for future fundraising events.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.
Supporter engagementWe recommend that you engage with your supporters by encouraging and thanking them for fundraising for your charity as part of their participation in the Westpac City-Bay Fun Run. If you need help with your supporter engagement we have a dedicated Professional Services Team full of digital fundraising experts ready to help!