Event date: 2-3 February 2019
Event ProfileThe Sydney Morning Herald Sun Run on Saturday, 2 February 2019 is a 7km and 10km fun run and walk from Dee Why to Manly, and is followed by the Cole Classic Ocean Swim the next day. There is also an aquathon beginning at Dee Why with a 2km run, followed by a 500m swim at North Curl Curl, and finishing with a 6km run to South Steyne, Manly. This popular, family-friendly event invites participants of all levels to take part in a fun-filled weekend.
Asking your supporters to compete for youIt’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
To make it really easy to ask them to participate, download an email template.
TOP TIP: If you are a non-featured charity we recommend acquiring fundraisers before they have registered for the event to ensure that they choose your charity to fundraise for. To help activate your supporters you can request a unique start fundraising charity url from our Customer Success Team which preselects your charity for your supporters. You can then send this out to your supporter database via email. Just ensure you remind them to register for the actual event!
Setting up a charity teamSetting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in the event. Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join. Need help setting up a charity team? download our guide here.
ReportingDon’t forget to use your data to grow your fundraising results in 2019!
Fundraiser and Donor Reports can be found under the Reports Tab when you are logged in to your Charity Profile.
- If you are short on time, download your Fundraiser Report and identify those who have set their fundraising goal higher than the default. Reach out to these potential star fundraisers and ask how you can assist them with their fundraising efforts.
- To help with fundraiser acquisition make sure you email your past fundraisers as well as their peer donors who have opted-in to hearing more from your organisation. This data can be found in your Donor Report.
- Don’t forget to thank all your fundraisers post-event. This small but significant gesture will help cultivate stronger relationships and brand loyalty.
- Major Community Event Fundraising Guide
- 2019 Charity Packages
- Fundraising tips for your supporters.
- Email templates to engage your supporters to fundraise for you.
Supporter EngagementWe recommend that you engage with your supporters by encouraging and thanking them for fundraising for your charity as part of their participation in the SMH Sun Run & Cole Classic 2019. If you need help with your supporter engagement we have a dedicated Professional Services Team full of digital fundraising experts ready to help!